2967 Avalon Avenue
Claremont Court is one of the most elegant neighborhoods in the East Bay, adjoining the UC Berkeley campus and popular restaurants & shops – Claremont, the Elmwood District on College Avenue and the Claremont Club & Spa Hotel. BART, bus and freeways connect you to all the San Francisco Bay Area – parks & cities.
Architect-designed as part of the original 1907 Claremont Court neighborhood, this magnificent home is ideal for entertainment on a gracious scale and filled with warm living spaces. As you explore the 5400 sqft on the main floors and the bonus of a full attic and basement, enjoy the beautifully maintained original details that accent the open and airy style.
- Formal rooms feature:
- Extraordinary mahogany paneled walls and railings with beautiful detailing
- Box-beams and period lighting fixtures accent 10’ ceilings in the formal rooms
- Intricate inlaid oak floors; pocket doors on each side of the entry
- Two bay windows; Art Nouveau leaf-patterned stained glass windows
- Grand living room and window-lined sunroom open to patio and garden
- Dining room features original tapestry, luster sconces, oak wainscoting
- Kitchen suite:
- Spacious eat-in kitchen with room to relax
- Butler’s pantry; Laundry and mudroom
- Au-pair room and half-bath
- Upper floor:
- Inlaid oak floors and mahogany woodwork; 9-foot coved ceilings
- Spacious master suite includes bath and large sunroom
- Meditation room with mirrored walls; two decks
- Large corner bedroom with fabulous views
- Four additional bedrooms and 2 full hall baths
- Attic with tree-top deck and a full basement with windows throughout
- Two-car garage and additional fenced parking area
- Extensive lawn and garden space in a fully fenced yard complete the 12,000 sqft lot.
Home built by John A. Marshall, building contractor, as his family residence. Designed by Edward B. Seeley, Berkeley architect from 1895 to 193l.